1. Make sure there is nothing in the cache directory in new location of magento:
Execute the following command from inside magento root directory,
rm -rf var/*
2. Set proper folder permissions:
Enter the following commands one by one,
chmod o+w var var/.htaccess app/etc chmod -R o+w media
Also make sure all folder permissions are set to 755 and file permissions to 644
3. Site is loading till the header part only, No other content below it:
Install GD Library
sudo apt-get install php5-gd
4. Admin panel not working after logging in:
Install CURL extension
sudo apt-get install curl libcurl3 libcurl3-dev php5-curl
5. SEO friendly URL not working:
Install/enable rewrite module on Apache,
sudo a2enmod rewrite
6. Ajax [Add to Cart] pop up not showing on product detail page:
7. Admin panel showing message for miss configuration of server:
A. Checkout whether .htaccess is being considered properly or not, also make sure any apache module specific command that is in that file is working. Check whether those modules are installed/enabled in the server.
B. Add/Update virtual host OR apache configuration file to allow over ridding by putting this line
8. Crontab is working but price rules are resetting:
Empty the [cron_schedule] table from the database to remove all dead locked and garbaged schedules. Don’t worry, this table will populate data again according to new cron schedules.
9. Changed main domain OR site address?:
Access the table [core_config_data] and edit two fields [web/unsecure/base_url] [web/secure/base_url] under the [path] column to the new domain/web address.
10. Want to reset admin password?:
Run the query from inside new server after connecting to mySQL,
UPDATE admin_user SET password=CONCAT(MD5('NEWPASS'), ':NE') WHERE username='ADMINUSERNAME';
Change NEWPASS, NE, ADMINUSERNAME to your wish.